Kalamazoo Hope was originally started and operated with some of my disability stipend; while it was possible to sustain KHOPE for eight years this way, cost changes led to where donations were needed for it to continue operating in 2020 (as Kalamazoo Hope's services free, it does not generate supporting funds).
If you would like to provide support, there are several ways one can do so:
1) A free way one can aid Kalamazoo Hope and the Kalamazoo County area (and a very valuable one), is to spread awareness of Kalamazoo Hope and its services; some options include:
- Word of mouth
- Liking, Following, and Sharing Kalamazoo Hope on Facebook, as well as mentioning Kalamazoo Hope in one's social media
- Including a link to Kalamazoo Hope on your personal, business, or organization's website
2) Expenses for Kalamazoo Hope include website building products, domain names, supplies (such as printer ink), and maintaining/replacing hardware and software (such as outdated parts and antivirus subscription). Just having, designing, and caring for KHOPE's online presence itself is approximately $275 a year (not counting antivirus and similar software).
These donations can be made securely through PayPal, a well-known and established online finance service; one can give a single gift, or a set up recurring one. Should one wish to donate by check, please reach out through the Contact page for more information.
3) Kalamazoo Hope has a Gift List on Amazon, which one can use to purchase useful items, such as material about psychological health, hardware, software, and more that can help KHOPE keep functioning smoothly grow. If one like, I've also included some items which can help me relax or cope with my symptoms, such as books and music.
4) Donating to my Achieving Better Life Experience (ABLE) account, known in Michigan as MiABLE. These accounts are specifically designed so that individuals with disabilities can save money towards everyday expenses (such as clothing and transportation), medical procedures, unexpected emergencies, and personal development (such certificates and college) without having the money compromise one's Social Security, Medicare, and other benefits.
A financial donation to Kalamazoo Hope (or several!), can be made using the "Donate Now" button below.
Thank you for any effort you make, or amount you choose to give - it is very much appreciated.
Scott Anderson, Creator and Peer Guide
The services of Kalamazoo Hope are provided for free, without a desire to make profit
To appropriate government and service organizations regarding finances, this activity falls under Subsection 1101, Subsection 1106 and Subsection 1812(S) of the Social Security Handbook, SI 01130.740 of the Programs Operations Manual System (POMS) and Title 26 CFR Subsection 1.183-2 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
Regarding gift items, please see SI 00815.550, SI 00830.520, SI 01110.210, and SI 01130.430 of the Social Security Program Operations Manual System (POMS) and Title 20 CFR Subsection 416.1216 of the Code of Federal Regulations.